Since 1992, Beauregard Electric Cooperative (BECi) members have had the opportunity to round-up their electric bill, donating that extra change to serve the area communities’ needs. The money has been distributed among the area parishes through each local community action agency to assist needy families.
The program allocates 50% to the parish agencies within the BECi service area and 50% to the BECi Scholarship Fund.
The following agencies receive BECi Share Program funds:
- Allen Action Agency, Oberlin
- Beauregard Community Action Association
- DeRidder Beauregard Council on Aging
- Calcasieu Office of Community Services, Lake Charles
Jefferson Davis and Evangeline Parishes
- Assist Agency
- Cenla Community Action Committee
- Vernon Community Action Committee