Apply to Win a $1,500 Scholarship
Each year Beauregard Electric Cooperative (BECi) randomly selects students within its service area to receive a scholarship to attend an accredited Louisiana university or technical school. These funds were made possible through legislative changes in 1993 to allow unclaimed funding to stay in our communities, assisting families in furthering their education. Since its inception, BECi has awarded over 180 students scholarships totaling more than $241,000.
High School seniors and full-time college students are eligible to win a scholarship. The deadline to apply is March 4, 2022.
The requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must be a BECi member or member’s child or legal ward and is a member in good standing for the past 12 consecutive months as of March 1, 2021. Only one scholarship will be awarded per membership per family per year.
- A student can only receive the BECi scholarship one time. It is not renewable. The scholarship term will be for one contiguous academic year beginning with the fall semester or quarter.
- Students can use the scholarship monies to attend, on a full-time basis, any Louisiana accredited institution of higher education.
- A high school senior or first-time college student applying for the BECi scholarship must have been graduated from high school with at least a 2.0 average (on a 4.0 scale).
- A continuing college student seeking the scholarship must have achieved a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) on all prior college work.
- The scholarship funds will be paid to the recipients at the beginning of each semester (or quarter) upon presentation of an official receipt for the payment of full-time tuition. To receive the next semester (or quarter) payment, in addition to a tuition receipt, a student will have to provide evidence that he or she successfully completed the previous semester or quarter (on a full-time basis) with a grade point average of at least 2.0 (on a scale of 4.0).
- Recipients will be chosen by random drawing during the BECi annual meeting held on March 27, 2021.
- Persons whose names are drawn will be required to provide BECi with an official transcript verifying their eligibility within 30 days after the school year’s close.
- Each scholarship awarded shall be for a total of $1,500, payable in two (semesters) or three (quarters) installments.
- The applicant or their sponsoring member need not be present to win.
- Only one application will be accepted per student.
- The application must be postmarked by Friday, March 5, 2021, to qualify, or you may apply online below.